Pound Cake Recipe || Vanilla Cake Recipe || How to make Vanilla
step-by-step photos and Video
is the traditional classic, sweet, super soft tea cake recipe, that is made
with a few basic ingredients but in taste is so good. Cakes can be intimidating
to bake but pound cakes and loaf cakes are much easier and quicker, and this
pound cake is a close second favorite to our all-time favorite Chocolate Cake Slices.
I always recommend adding buttermilk to the cake batter because this brings softness and a light rather dense texture. that I don’t like to eat if you don’t prefer using buttermilk in cake batter then can be used at room temperature milk. making a perfect cake depends on an accurate measurement. for which you must use a kitchen scale instead of a cups measurement
Here I wrote by using kitchen scale measurement so I will suggest using it to
perfect cake results like my recipe. trust me after following my recipe you
won’t want to buy pound cake from the bakery. so soft and sweet cake
I am not praising myself but once you will try it out then will get my point.
You’ll love making
this pound cake recipe on the weekends because it’s great for brunch or to
serve with coffee when you’re having friends and family over. You could also
make this by replacing the vanilla extract with orange extract and a dusting of
powdered sugar and a teaspoon of orange zest on top.
For the best result follow my detailed step-by-step photo, video, and instructions tips below
Here I will tell you about my experience regarding making
a soft cake. that I learned from my mistakes initially
SOME TIPS FOR MAKING THE PERFECT POUND CAKE:
- To make a soft and perfect cake all ingredients that go in the cake should be at room temperature.
- Bring your ingredients to room temperature. When mixing the butter and sugar together, wait until they look light and fluffy, about 3 minutes, to make sure enough air has been incorporated. This is a critical part of this pound cake recipe, so be patient here.
- The egg makes the cake soft and spongy so if you are vegetarian or vegan or have an allergy so you can replace it with yogurt but I'll highly recommend using condensed milk instead of yogurt along with using baking powder and 1/4 baking soda
- If you prefer using yogurt then ½ tsp use white vinegar along with baking soda and baking powder. these ingredients help to raise the cake properly and it will remain soft and spongy
- Don’t remove the pound cake from the loaf pan immediately. You want to let the cake cool about halfway, at least 10 minutes, before flipping it out of the pan and letting it come to room temperature.
- Use butter and flour to grease your pan, not cooking spray, which may prevent the cake from fully rising.
- Don’t use an electric beater for mixing dry ingredients with batter since the batter has a lot of air bubbles that help to raise the cake, mixing can remove bubbles and your cake turn dense and hard
- Maintaining the accurate oven temperature is crucial for making soft and light pound cakes. If the temperature is too high, the cake may burn on the outside and remain uncooked on the inside. Conversely, if the temperature is too low, the cake may turn out soggy and dense. The ideal temperature for baking cakes is 180°C.
- Use a toothpick to check the doneness of your cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is ready. If it starts browning around the edges, it is over-baked and your cake will lose a lot of moistness.
- Using much quantity of baking powder will make your cake shred and taste spoiled
- I won’t recommend using Pot to bake cake as my result is not as good as should be, but if you are used to baking cake in a pot then keep one thing in mind pot should be a wide and thick base so that pot could properly be preheated from all sides
How to Store Vanilla Pound Cake:
Serve: Once cooled, remove the pound cake from the loaf pan, slice, and serve with any of your favorite toppings or
Store: Pound cake will keep at room temperature and tightly sealed for 3-4 days. I don’t usually recommend putting the cake in the
refrigerator, but pound cake won’t go stale as quickly due to the density of
You Might Like This:
Chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream
If you have tried this Vanilla Pound Cake then don’t forget to rate the recipe. You can also follow me on social media to see what’s latest in my kitchen!
Like Our Videos? Then do follow
to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease the
pan with butter 8×4 inch loaf pan.
Sift the flour and add baking powder yellow food
color and salt stir to combine well set it aside
Crack the eggs one by one into the small bowl and then transfer them to the mixing bowl. start beating the egg at low speed for a few seconds then add sugar
Now increase the speed gradually, Beat until the
egg mixture turns creamy and fluffy, Once turns to light and fluffy batter pour milk and oil and then start beating once
again on low speed, Next add vanilla essence and mix slowly with a hand beater
Add dry ingredients little by little, and fold
the maida slowly hand otherwise batter may go sit. likewise, finish the
maida by putting it into the batter, Batter consistency should be thick, and the pouring
Once cooled cut into slices
You can see in the picture and video how makes it fluffy and soft
Ingredients For Dry ingredients:
- 250g, all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp, baking powder
- 1/2 tsp, yellow food color
- 1/8 tsp, salt
- 5 nos, eggs
- 175g, granulated sugar
- 125 ml, of milk
- 125 ml, of oil
- 1/3 tsp, vanilla essence
How to Make Vanilla Pound Cake?
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease the
pan with butter an 8×4 inch loaf pan.
Preparing dry ingredients: sift the flour and add
baking powder yellow food color and salt stir to combine well set it aside
Prepare Egg Batter: crack the eggs one by
one into the small bowl and then transfer them to the mixing bowl
Preparing Cake Batter: start beating the egg at
low speed for a few seconds then add sugar now increase the speed gradually, Beat
until the egg mixture turns creamy and fluffy, Once turns to a light and fluffy
batter pour milk and oil and then start
beating once again on low speed, Next add vanilla essence and mix slowly with
Folding the Dry ingredients: add dry ingredients
little by little, and fold the maida with a slow hand otherwise, the batter may go
sit. likewise, finish the maida by putting it into the batter, Batter consistency
should be thick, and the pouring state
Baking Cake: Transfer the cake batter
to the loaf pan and tap it down to remove excess air, bake the cake in
preheated oven at 180 Celsius for 40-45 minutes or until the toothpick comes out
Once now pound cake is baked leave it for 10
minutes next Scrape the edges carefully and take the cake out from the loaf pan
and let it cool down completely on a wire rack
*Not be duplicated, rewritten, or published without permission- Thank you