- Green cardamom: is an aromatic spice with a wide range of uses adding in kulfi ice-cream mixture makes it flavorful
- But it is optional you can skip it
- Condensed milk: using condensed milk in making ice cream gives it a thick and soft texture and is used as a substitute for sugar-I have already shared my condensed milk recipe on the blog, either you can get the recipe on my blog or can buy it from the market, but you can add powdered sugar as well instead of condensed milk, using grainy sugar will increase the iciness
- Heavy whipping cream: choose the good quality heavy cream and before the whipping cream should be chilled and frozen
- Homemade ice cream is fresh, delicious, and fun to make. What's more, you can customize your flavors or use the best-quality ingredients you can find. But it can be tricky to get ice cream to have that perfect firm, yet creamy consistency that is the trademark of good ice cream. Follow these tips to improve your own ice cream-making technique
- Freeze the freezing container for a good 24 hours. It needs to be frozen solid!
- Use more cream and less milk.
- Use a solid sweetener. Whereas a liquid sweetener such as sugar syrup or honey will increase iciness with its water content
- Fill your ice cream maker 1/2 to 2/3 full. This is important. The frozen tub in which the filling gets churned has only so much freeze to give before it is no longer cold. If there's too much filling, there's not enough chilling And you don't want soupy ice cream!
- Keep It Creamy
- A common complaint about homemade ice cream is that it gets hard and icy when it's stored in the freezer. There are several ways to keep your ice cream from freezing solid in the freezer. Condensed milk or honey, as well as gelatin and commercial stabilizers, can all keep your ice cream at a softer consistency. Ice cream also stays softer when you store it in a shallow container, rather than a deep tub, and cover the surface of the ice cream with plastic wrap to keep ice crystals from forming.
- With a little practice and some good recipes (whether it's classic Vanilla or an adventurous flavor like chocolate ice cream, you'll be well on your way to making delicious homemade ice cream that will delight your friends and family.
If you have tried this Kulfa Ice Cream Recipe then don’t forget to rate the recipe. You can also follow me on social media to see what’s latest in my kitchen!
Like Our Videos? Then follow and subscribe to us on YouTube for the latest Recipe Video updates.
Mix to combine very well using a spatula (not a whisk) gently fold them together
Till you reach a silky-smooth consistency
- 500ml, full-fat cream
- 50g, homemade khoya
- 100ml, condensed milk
- 30g, almonds chopped
- 30g, pistachio chopped
- 1/7 tsp, cardamom powder
- 200g, heavy whipping cream
- Chop the almonds and pistachio
- Boil the milk in the pan
- Once it starts boiling add cardamom powder
- Stir to mix once and then add condensed milk
- Condensed milk prevents making an icy texture in ice cream and gives it to soft texture
- Next, add khoya to the milk
- Constantly keep mixing on medium flame until khoya is dissolved in the milk
- Make sure no lumps present in the milk
- Next, add nuts to the mixture
- Keep on stirring until the mixture turns thickened
- Mixture is ready
- Leave it aside for a completely cool
- Once they get cool whisk them again
- Take out the cream bowl from the freezer and start whipping using an electric beater alternatively, use a stand mixer and the whisk attachment. Whip the cream till it forms a soft peak
- Pour the all mixture into the whipped cream and mix to combine very well using a spatula (not a whisk) gently fold them together till you reach a silky-smooth consistency
- Combine the cream with a spatula
- Pour the ice cream mixture into the air-tight container
- Sprinkle some crushed nuts over the mixture
- Seal it tightly using an airtight lid or a few layers of plastic wrap and stick it in the freezer
- Chill for at least 8-10 hours for the ice cream to set properly
- Once the ice cream gets set, take it out of the freezer
- Wet the scoop with room-temperature water
- Scoop out the ice cream into the serving ice cream glass or bowl
- Share and enjoy!