- The secret is in how much flour you add to the dough. This is where I get a little unconventional because the ingredients are all pretty normal. But my #1 thing that I have said for years with bread making is that I think many times people fail and end up with dry, dense bread because they are adding too much flour. And when I thought about the pizza dough recipe from Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day, I thought about how wet that dough was, and how I never questioned it because I always did the ingredients by weight and just trusted,
- So where this recipe differs from most is the amount of flour and the consistency of the dough.
- My 1 rule is less is more.
- I have included step-by-step photos below to walk you through it, but the most important step is to not keep adding flour until the dough is not sticky anymore. Sticky means you are doing it right in this recipe. don't be afraid about the dough sticking everywhere when you roll it out. It’s not quite as sticky after its rises, and you’ll use some additional flour to shape it and roll it.
- This recipe might not come easy the first or second time you try it. It’s one of those recipes that might take a little bit of practice. But believe me, for the perfect homemade pizza, it’s totally worth it,
- If the dough is still a bit sticky when you go to roll it out just sprinkle on a little more flour
- I like to actually use my hands to stretch the dough instead of rolling, with any sticking as well
- Use the dough to bake up your pizza, bread or buns even if you use the same dough in stuffing bread
If you have tried this Pizza Dough Recipe then don’t forget to rate the recipe. You can also follow me on social media to see what’s latest in my kitchen!
Like Our Videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.