Chana dal halwa || Bengal Gram Dessert Recipe || How to make chana dal halwa with step-by-step photos and video...
Chana dal has a richer flavor than other pulses, which lends itself well to the preparation of a mouth-watering halwa. Soaked and ground dal is sautéed till a rich aroma is achieved, and then prepared into a traditional halwa flavored with cardamom, clove, and cinnamon
My Latest Video Chana Dal Halwa:
Hard to cook and take more time than other types of halwa but with its unique flavor comes to no 1 in all types of halwa dessert so let's begin with step-by-step photos...
- Soak chana dal in hot water
- To bring a fabulous taste to this traditional dessert you boil chana dal by mixing water and milk
- Don't add too much water and milk at the time of boiling
- Liquid dal paste can burn your hand while roasting with ghee
- for enhancement, the taste can be added raisins, cashew nuts, or even saffron
Like Our Videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
Note, I didn't use milk due to not to available at home at the time
Nonsticky chana dal paste indicates that it has been almost roasted, now add sugar
Add chopped half-dry fruits and half reserve for use later