Kulcha Cookies || Cookies Recipe || How to make kulcha cookies with step-by-step photos and video....
If you have tried this Kulcha Cookie then don’t forget to rate the recipe. You can also follow me on social media to see what’s latest in my kitchen!
Like Our Videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on YouTube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
Transfer the dough to a broad Surface/slab and knead it with the help of your palm Put it in another bowl cover it with plastic wrap for 30 Minutes and set aside.
Brush on cookies with jaggery and milk mixture, sprinkle some sesame and nigella over cookies, and bake them for 20 to 30 minutes at 200 C until golden brown color
Kulcha is crispy outside and buttery and chewy inside they are from Bihar, India. Mostly only found in "Bihari" household
- 2 cups, of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup, of semolina
- 2 tbsp, icing sugar
- ½ tsp, salt
- 1/3 tsp, baking powder
- 2/3 cup, ghee/butter melted
- 1 large, beaten egg
- As required, jaggery/brown sugar dissolved in some milk for brushing on cookies
- As required, sesame seeds/nigella for sprinkles over cookies
- Preheat oven to 230 C or gas mark 5 for ½ hour
- Place butter paper on the baking tray
- Take a big bowl and sieve the flour, semolina, baking powder, salt, and icing sugar mix it well
- On the Other hand, take another small bowl to add melted ghee/butter and beaten egg beat it with a whisk until well combined.
- Now Pour all ghee/butter and egg mixture into the dry ingredients and mix it well until turns into a crumble foam
- Then Start to Knead the hard dough with a little water
- Transfer the dough to a broad Surface/slab and knead it with the help of your palm Put it in another bowl cover it with plastic wrap for 30 Minutes and set aside.
- Take out the Dough ball and punch it again for 1 minute
- Roll out the cookie dough around 1-inch thick oval/round
- Then gather the remaining dough and repeat the same procedure
- Roll out and cutting
- Now take the cookie cutter and Cut Out the Cookies from the dough
- Now place all cookies on the Baking tray
- Brush on cookies with jaggery and milk mixture
- sprinkle some sesame and nigella over the cookies
- Bake it for 20 to 30 minutes at 200 C until golden brown color