Chocolate Muffins | Chocolate Cupcakes || How to make Chocolate Muffins with step-by-step photos
Chocolate Muffins are literally superb taste with a fill of the chocolaty flavor is made with fudge, flour, eggs, butter, milk along with chocolate chips
These tender chocolate muffins with a double hit of chocolate make a delicious breakfast or after-school snack. Super easy and a quick recipe that you can add to your menu for serving of coming guests as well as a great snack that makes your taste bud full of flavor and taste it goes well with a hot cup of coffee/tea
These are TRIPLE chocolate muffins. Where fudgy brownies and moist chocolate cake meet coffee’s favorite friend. Soft tops, melty chips, and moist centers, these not-so-innocent muffins transport you immediately to dessert. Don’t they always say dessert is the most important meal of the day?
First For a truly unique chocolate muffin experience unlike any others, let’s start with real chocolate. That’s how I begin my favorite, melt butter with some milk and then let them cool down at room temperature besides, I added some brewed coffee to the fudge and leave it aside till required again
And then whisked eggs with sugar until creamy and mixed butter mixture with fudge mixture
And for the dry ingredients let’s not waste the opportunity to use cocoa powder. This deepens the chocolate flavor. Use natural unsweetened cocoa powder. We’ll whisk the cocoa with flour, leavener, and salt. Easy stuff.
For the final and third addition of chocolate, let’s get a little generous with chocolate chips. I REALLY love dark chocolate chips in these muffins, though regular semi-sweet are fantastic as well. Mini chocolate chips ensure there’s extra chocolate in each bite, but I went with regular size since that’s all I had at the time. Use any chips you prefer because this chocolate muffin batter can handle it.
These muffins don’t rise quite as high as my typical muffins and that’s because the melted chocolate weighs the batter down. Certainly, not a problem and you’ll definitely still have a little height. But what’s even better are the beautiful cracks and crevices on top, making these triple chocolate muffins perfect for breaking open and dunking in your cuppa joe.
I love that the tops are slightly moist, too. And those melt chips inside. I mean it’s not a chocolate muffin unless there’s MELTY CHIPS INSIDE! Personally, I love to eat these moist, chocolaty and delicious cupcakes with hot tea with the evening snack or morning breakfast
For the best result follow my detailed step by step photo instructions and tips
- Make-Ahead Instructions: For longer storage, freeze muffins for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw overnight in the refrigerator, then bring to room temperature or warm up in the microwave, if desired.
- Chocolate: For the 4 ounces of chocolate, make sure to use high-quality chocolate, not chocolate chips. (You will use chocolate chips as the last ingredient.) I suggest high-quality chocolate baking bars sold on the baking aisle
- Cocoa Powder: Use natural cocoa powder, not Dutch-process cocoa powder. you also can read about natural Vs dutch by clicking this link
- Coffee: use instant coffee for the good brand, coffee gives deeply chocolaty flavor to your cakes or muffins
- Mini Chocolate Muffins: Fill muffin cups only about halfway. A couple teaspoons of batter per cup are plenty. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350°F or 180 C for or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Yields about 12 mini muffins.
For more Similar Recipes
To begin this recipe firstly prepare chocolate fudge/ganache. I have shared a fudge recipe in my previous post link you will get the link in the given ingredients list below
If you have tried these Chocolate Muffins then don’t forget to rate the recipe. You can also follow me on social media to see what’s latest in my kitchen!
Like Our Videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
Spray a 12-count muffin pan with nonstick spray or line with cupcake liners
Brew the coffee with 1 tbsp hot water and set aside until required
In the medium-sized bowl put butter with milk, and melt them together. Leave it aside to be cooled down completely
Meanwhile combine baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder with flour
Crack the eggs into the mixing bowl and let begin whisking the eggs for a minute. Next, add sugar and beat them together very well
Keep whisking until egg mixture turns creamy and fluffy, Keep aside until required
Add chocolate fudge into the melted butter
Stir to mix up very well
Lastly, add brewed coffee, And further mix them together set aside
Sift the dry ingredients into the egg batter little by little
Keep folding clockwise with the help of a spatula or whisker
Once all dry ingredients are mixed well, then pour the fudge mixture into the cake batter slowly
Make sure there are no flour spots at the bottom of the bowl
Keep folding by adding chocolate essence to the batter
The cake batter is ready
Spoon the batter evenly into each cup or liner, filling each all the way to the top.
Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of the batter
Tab them down once and bake muffins at 180 C for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes in the muffin pan
And then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
Have a look closely
This muffin is so moist and delicious
Transfer all the muffins to the plate
Enjoy these muffins with a hot cup of tea or coffee
These Chocolate Muffins are TRIPLE chocolate muffins. Where fudgy brownies and moist chocolate cake meet coffee’s favorite friend. Soft tops, melty chips, and moist centers
Ingredients for Cake Batter:
- 4 large-sized, eggs
- 100g, unsalted butter
- 125g, granulate sugar
- 50ml, milk
- 60g, chocolate fudge
For Dry ingredients:
- 200g, all-purpose flour
- 2-3 pinches, salt
- 20g, light cocoa powder
- 4g, of baking powder
- 100g, dark chocolate chips
- 4-5 drops, of chocolate essence
- 1 tsp, instant coffee brewed
- To begin this recipe firstly prepare chocolate fudge/ganache. I have shared a fudge recipe in my previous post link you will get a link in the given ingredients list below
- Spray a 12-count muffin pan with nonstick spray or line with cupcake liners.
- Brew the coffee with 1 tbsp hot water and set aside until required
- In the medium-sized bowl put butter with milk, melt them together
- Leave it aside to be cooled down completely
- Meanwhile combine baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder with flour
- Stir to mix up well, Set aside
- Preheat the oven to 350 F or 180 C
- Crack the eggs into the mixing bowl and let begin whisking the eggs for a minute
- Next, add sugar and beat them together very well
- Keep whisking until the egg mixture turns creamy and fluffy
- Keep aside until required
- Add chocolate fudge into the melted butter
- Stir to mix up very well
- Lastly, add brewed coffee and further mix them together set aside
- Sift the dry ingredients into the egg batter little by little
- You can sift the dry ingredients in another separate bowl
- I sift them directly in the wet batter
- Keep folding clockwise with the help of a spatula or whisker
- Don’t move your hand rapidly otherwise your cake the batter won’t rise properly
- Once all dry ingredients are mixed well
- Then pour the fudge mixture into the cake batter slowly
- Make sure there are no flour spots at the bottom of the bowl!
- Keep folding by adding chocolate essence to the batter
- The cake batter is ready
- Spoon the batter evenly into each cup or liner, filling each all the way to the top.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of the batter
- Tab them down once and bake muffins at 180 C for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Give or take. Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes in the muffin pan, and then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
- Have a look closely
- This muffin is so moist and delicious
- Transfer all the muffins to the plate
- Muffins stay fresh and stored at room temperature for a few days then transfer to the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Enjoy these muffins with a hot cup of tea or coffee