Hari Mirch Chatni | Green Chilli Chutney || How to make green chilli chutney with step by step photos...
Hari mirch chutney is quite hot, delicious and tangy green chilli sauce which is one of the traditional that is prepared with a few ingredients
This delish recipe doesn’t require so much effort or time and can be prepared in less than 20 minutes. if you do not prefer to eat too many hot chillies.try to make this dish with mildly hot chillies. green chillies are ground with garlic and some spices then cooked, give this recipe an unforgettably unique flavour
This hot and spicy but yet so desirable; the name itself makes juices flowing in the mouth and gives a sizzling sensation to the tongue. The cooked green chillies, garlic, roasted spices and tamarind along with cornstarch gives it an irresistible taste and texture. Pair it up with a Pakistani meals or snacks like pakora and samosa and turn them into sizzling hot food.
So let's learn to make green chillies chutney recipe to understand quick steps with step by step photos
- During cutting and cooking green chillies sauce/chutney have better is used kitchen scissor instead of a knife
- I preferred to put on hand gloves to prevent burning hand as well as don’t touch your face during preparation hari Mirch chutney...
Preparation of hari mirch chatni:
First Soak the tamarind in hot water for at least 30 minutes, Extract all seeds then strain it
Rinse and cut the green chillies
Peel and chop garlic cloves
Dry roast coriander and cumin seeds
Dissolve cornstarch/flour with water
Making hari mirch chutney:
All green chillies ingredients put into the grinding jug along with tamarind pulp, grind the green chillies till turn to smooth texture
Pour all sauce into saucepan/pot and bring it to boil, cook it about 10 minutes on medium flame then pour cornstarch gradually keep stirring to prevent making lumps and adjust salt at this stage and add food colour stir to mix well
Allow to cook it another 2 minutes on low-medium flame until gets thick
Green chutney is ready to serve turn off the flame and remove it from the stove
Transfer to the bowl or any airtight container and bottle
Green chilli chutney can be served
Green Chilli Chutney is quite hot, delicious and tangy green chilli sauce which is one of the traditional that is prepared with a few ingredients..
- 150g, large green chillies
- 4-5, garlic cloves
- Salt to taste
- 1 ½ tbsp, coriander seeds
- 1 tsp, cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp,cornstarch/flour
- 1 cup, tamarind pulp
- 3 pinches, green food colour optional
How to make the chutney?
- In a grinding jug put chopped green chillies and garlic along with coriander and cumin seeds, salt and tamarind pulp
- Blend it well till turns to smooth paste
- Cook hari Mirch chutney in any saucepan/pot on medium heat for 10 minutes
- Keep stirring occasionally
- Reduce the heat to low then keep stirring by adding dissolved cornstarch/cornflour to the green chilli sauce
- Allow to cook it another 2 minutes on medium flame until bring to boil
- Turn off the flame and remove it from the flame
- Let it cool down completely
- Now Green Chillies chutney is ready to serve
- Green Chilli chutney or hari mirch chutney can be stored in any container/bottle for up to 2 weeks
- Green chilli chutney can be served with samosa, pakora, chana chaat, samosa chaat even with Khichdi and matar pulao and chana pulao, bun kabab
*Not be duplicated, rewritten or published without permission- Thank you!