If you have tried this Tandoori Chicken Recipe then don’t forget to rate the recipe. You can also follow me on social media to see what’s latest in my kitchen!
Like Our Videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on YouTube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
Add all powdered spices(we have already added some salt over the chicken so be careful adding salt, make a smooth paste then, apply all over the chicken pieces very well, Keep in the refrigerator for marination for about 4 to 6 hours
The best result is you keep marinated chicken overnight
Place one deep and large capacity pot on the stove, pour a few drops of oil then transfer all the chicken pieces into the pan, cover the lid, and cook it over low- medium flame, Cook each side for 15 minutes until you get a nice golden brown color.
Flip it on the other side and give it another 15 minutes, now the Tandoori chicken is ready
If You are using a Grill/oven set the degree according to your appliance temperature or bake at 250 degrees in the preheated oven, Or You can barbecue on the coal /grill.
This is delicious, relish traditional tandoori chicken with a smoky flavor try it once
- 1.5 Kg, Whole Chicken made in 8 large pieces with deep cuts
- 125g, homemade yogurt
- 2 tbsp, Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp, Red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp, turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp, ginger garlic paste freshly ground
- 1/4 tsp, red food color
- 1/2 tsp, black peppercorn powder
- 1 piece, of charcoal
- 1/2 tsp, Cumin powder
- 2 tbsp, butter/clarified ghee
- Onion rings
- Lemon slices
- Coriander leaves
- Take a deep bowl
- Put chicken pieces in it
- Add lemon juice salt & ginger garlic paste
- Apply all over the chicken pieces.
- Cover it and keep it aside for half an hour.
- Take another Medium bowl now
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, yogurt, butter/ghee, food color, and salt(we have already added some salt over the chicken so be careful adding salt to the tandoori masala
- Make a smooth paste then
- Apply all over the chicken pieces very well
- Keep in the refrigerator for marination for about 4 to 6 hours
- Place one deep and large capacity pot on the stove.
- Pour a few drops of oil & transfer all the chicken pieces into the pan.
- Cover the lid.
- Cook it over low- medium flame
- Cook each side for 15 minutes until you get a nice golden brown color.
- Flip it to the other side and give it another 15 minutes.
- Now Tandoori chicken is ready
- Heat the charcoal piece on a high flame. until well heated
- In the bowl where the tandoori chickens were placed
- Place a small steel bowl over chicken pieces
- Put the coal in it and sprinkle some drops of ghee/oil
- Cover the lid for 5 minutes
- Now tandoori chicken is ready
- Garnish it with coriander leaves, onion, and lemon
- It can be served with paratha/puri paratha/chapati with green sauce, tamarind sauce