Veg Cutlet || Vegetable Kabab || How to make Veg Cutlets with step-by-step photos
Veg cutlets are one of the most delicious, popular, and flavored Pakistani tea-time snacks. it is made using a variety of vegetables, basic spices, and herbs. and then they are shallow fried until they golden brown color and dipped with GREEN CHUTNEY or DAHI CHUTNEY.
These veg cutlets crumbs are coated and pan-fried yet they turn out great with a crisp texture
In a variation, you can use any veggies of your choice as well as bake veg cutlets instead of frying for a healthier version. During these winter evenings, these veg cutlets really well go with a hot cup of MASALA TEA or KASHMIRI TEA
These are popularly served as a snack for your tea-time munchies or can also be served as an appetizer for your get-togethers, house parties, or even game/movie nights.
For the best result follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips below the recipe card
- Always steam or boil the vegetables as dente and not mushy. This prevents the cutlets from turning too soft from the inside
- Veg cutlets are filled with lots of veggies. this time I used potatoes, peas carrots, capsicums, spring onion, green chilies, and herbs.while you can add cauliflower, cabbage, mushrooms, beans
- In variation can be added cottage/chatted cheese, and chopped boiled eggs as well. if using cheese double-coat the cutlets so that cheese doesn’t come out of the cutlets and mess up
- Keep Spice a level less or more in veg cutlets as per taste
- I used HOMEMADE BREADCRUMBS to coat the cutlets. you can use store-bought crumbs or fresh bread crumbs Alternately crushed cornflakes also can be used instead of bread crumbs
- Don’t require coating these cutlets in egg or flour batter. breadcrumbs are enough to coat well. but if you want more crispness in veg cutlets then can use egg or flour batter before coating them with crumbs
For more Similar Recipes:
If you have tried these Veggie Cutlets then don’t forget to rate the recipe. You can also follow me on social media
Like Our Videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on YouTube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
To prepare this recipe firstly, chop the spring onion, capsicum, coriander leaves, and green chilies
Rinse and peel potatoes, carrots, and peas. and steam them together until just done in a steamer or pot. They must be soft-cooked and firm but not mushy or soggy
Mash boiled potatoes, peas, and carrots in the mixing bowl. Next, add all chopped veggies spring onion, green chilies, coriander leaves, and capsicums to the veggie mixture
Combine them together very well.
Then add soaked bread sliced, ginger powder, garlic powder, chicken powder, chaat masala
Salt, crushed black pepper, and red chili flakes. Mix until everything is incorporated
And rest for 10 minutes
Mix everything well. the mixture should be non-sticky and must not be soggy. take a small portion and make patties
Place each patty on the bread crumbs. make sure the patty is coated with bread crumbs on both sides
Repeat this for all the patties and place them on a plate. leave them aside for about 5-10 minutes. this helps the bread crumbs to stick well to the patties