Kala Chana Masala | Black Chana Masala | How to Make Kala Chana Masala Recipe with step-by-step photos and video
Kala Chana Masala is a delicious, wholesome, and spiced snack, it is one of my hot favorite snacks which is served as a breakfast or as a snack This is my family recipe too my mother used to cook it, especially during Ramadan, complete instruction you will get below
How to Serve it?
Some people eat this chole masala with boiled and bagara rice usually is served with yogurt,papdi, and onion salad with tomato that helps to enhance the taste of chole
How can be cooked it?
This black chickpea is cooked with our traditional spices which can be used in many other dishes I also have been told to use of same spices in the different dishes in my previous recipes
The main ingredients are:
It is prepared with black chickpeas, onion, and chana special spice that I will tell you about next in this recipe
As well as I would like to share here some benefits of black chickpeas because it was seen usually people in Pakistan don't like to have its wrong thinking this is the reason I am sharing here benefits of black chickpeas, So go ahead to know how to make kale chana masala
Benefits of kale chana
- Black chickpeas' benefits are immense and can help you to stay healthier naturally.
- Black chickpeas are very nutritious and apart from providing the essential elements it also helps in clearing the digestive tract.
- It also relieves complaints of bloating and belching
- If consumed regularly and contains enough roughage to smoothen the excretory cycle of the body.
- In case of a stomach infection,
- Eating black Peas is effective in retaining the nutrition of the body and stopping loose motions and getting rid of diarrhea!
- The presence of some nutrients like folates, fiber, protein, carbohydrates, copper, iron, and phosphorus make black chickpeas able to cure some of the common skin diseases
- Chickpeas are low in fat, high in dietary fiber, and rich in healthy vitamins and minerals. 2 or 3 tbs can provide the same nutritional value as 5 portions of fruits and veggies. Thus, you should add these legumes to your diet to avail of all the benefits that black chickpeas offer....
If you have tried this Kala Chana Masala don’t forget to rate the recipe. You can also follow me on social media to see what’s latest in my kitchen!
Like Our Videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
My Latest Video Evening Masala Snacks:
Firstly soak the black chana by putting baking powder overnight, In the morning rinse the kale chana under the running water, Put chickpeas in the pressure cooker, add 1/2 tsp salt and water, bring it to a boil then close the pressure cooker
Let it cook for 20-25 minutes after starting to whistle
Once kale chana is cooked turn off the flame
Take all ingredients and prepare them
Take out yogurt in the bowl and whisk them well by putting a little salt set aside
Add the onion to the oil, and saute the onion for 3-4 minutes
Then add boiled Kala chana to the fried onion
Then add powder spices to the chana masala
Now pour hot and boiled water into the roasted chana
Bring the kala chohle to boil
Cover the lid and allow cooking for about 15 minutes over low-medium heat
Cook chana until turns into a thick gravy, transfer to the serving dish, and garnish with coriander leaves, green chilies, and onion
Now Kala chole masala is ready to serve with boiled rice,papdi,onion salad, yogurt, and tea
Kala Chana Masala is a delicious, wholesome, and spiced snack, It is prepared with black chickpeas, onion, and chana special spices..
- 500g, black chickpeas
- 1 tsp, baking soda
- 1 tsp, red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp, mango powder amchur
- 1 cup, of cooking oil
- 400ml, water
- 1 large, onion
Special Chana Masala:
- 1 tbsp, cumin seeds
- ½ tbsp, black peppercorn
- 3 pieces, black cardamom
For Garnishing or Serving:
How to make Kala Chana Masala?
- In a wok/pan heat the oil
- Add onion slices and sauté it for 3-4 minutes over medium heat
- Then add boiled chana
- Stir to mix well for 5 minutes
- Then add salt, red chili powder, mango powder, and special chana masala
- Stir to combine well
- Then add 1 cup boiled and hot water to the kale chana masala
- Allow to cook them till the chana gravy gets thick
- Turn off the flame
- Transfer to the serving plate/bowl
- Garnish with onion, green chilies, coriander, and tomato
- Kala chana is ready to serve with yogurt, boiled rice,papdi onion salad, and tea.
*Not be duplicated, rewritten or published without permission- Thank you!
Have you any doubts about this blog kindly let me know