Kala Chana Masala | Black Chana Masala | How to Make Kala Chana Masala Recipe with step-by-step photos and video
The main ingredients are:
- Black chickpeas' benefits are immense and can help you to stay healthier naturally.
- Black chickpeas are very nutritious and apart from providing the essential elements it also helps in clearing the digestive tract.
- It also relieves complaints of bloating and belching
- If consumed regularly and contains enough roughage to smoothen the excretory cycle of the body.
- In case of a stomach infection,
- Eating black Peas is effective in retaining the nutrition of the body and stopping loose motions and getting rid of diarrhea!
- The presence of some nutrients like folates, fiber, protein, carbohydrates, copper, iron, and phosphorus make black chickpeas able to cure some of the common skin diseases
- Chickpeas are low in fat, high in dietary fiber, and rich in healthy vitamins and minerals. 2 or 3 tbs can provide the same nutritional value as 5 portions of fruits and veggies. Thus, you should add these legumes to your diet to avail of all the benefits that black chickpeas offer....
If you have tried this Kala Chana Masala don’t forget to rate the recipe. You can also follow me on social media to see what’s latest in my kitchen!
Like Our Videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
Let it cook for 20-25 minutes after starting to whistle
Once kale chana is cooked turn off the flame
- 500g, black chickpeas
- 1 tsp, baking soda
- 1 tsp, red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp, mango powder amchur
- 1 cup, of cooking oil
- 400ml, water
- 1 large, onion
- 1 tbsp, cumin seeds
- ½ tbsp, black peppercorn
- 3 pieces, black cardamom
- In a wok/pan heat the oil
- Add onion slices and sauté it for 3-4 minutes over medium heat
- Then add boiled chana
- Stir to mix well for 5 minutes
- Then add salt, red chili powder, mango powder, and special chana masala
- Stir to combine well
- Then add 1 cup boiled and hot water to the kale chana masala
- Allow to cook them till the chana gravy gets thick
- Turn off the flame
- Transfer to the serving plate/bowl
- Garnish with onion, green chilies, coriander, and tomato
- Kala chana is ready to serve with yogurt, boiled rice,papdi onion salad, and tea.