Fresh from the bakery oven, these Desi chicken patties were (still are) one of my favorite childhood snacks. Crispy puff pastry that kept on flaking with every bite, the ‘milky’ chicken filling, and the top circle of puff pastry that we would eat plain or dip in tea. The round ones were always stuffed with chicken, and the triangle ones were usually stuffed with potatoes/vegetables.
The trick to making delicious chicken patties are the white sauce – it’s what binds the shredded chicken together and gives it that characteristic bakery flavor that we all love it.
Start with rolling the puff pastry. Make sure you use a proper board or a rolling sheet. Sprinkle lots of flour. Don’t let the puff pastry stick to the board.
If you have tried this Chicken Puff Patties Recipe then don’t forget to rate the recipe. You can also follow me on social media to see what’s latest in my kitchen!
Like Our Videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
These Puffs Patties are stuffed with a delicious creamy chicken mixture and baked. ..
- 150g, Chicken mince
- ½ tbsp, ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp, black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1/3 tsp, salt
- 1 ½ tbsp, plain flour
- 2 tbsp, butter/margarine
- 4 tbsp, milk
- 1 tbsp, onion (finely chopped)
- 50 ml, olive oil/canola oil
- 250g, Puff pastry sheet easily available at any superstore
- 1, egg (beaten) for brushing over patties
- 1 tsp, parsley ( finely chopped) optional
- Preheat the oven to 250 C
- Lay the Butter paper over the baking tray
- Place the pan on flame pour oil and butter heat them well on low-medium
- Add ginger garlic paste sauté them then add chicken mince.
- Stir it well until water dries up from the mince.
- Now add chopped onions and stir them until well combined on medium flame.
- Then add black pepper, salt, and plain flour and mix it well until the aroma arose.
- Remove from the flame and transfer to another medium bowl let it cool down completely..
- keep aside
- Meanwhile, sprinkle flour dust over the slab and roll out puff pastry about 1 inch thick in a rectangular shape..
- Take any round cookie cutter/any aluminum cutter whatever you have available easily you can give any as the desired shape of patties.
- Cut out the pieces for patties.
- One puff pastry sheet can be made into 4 patties easily.
- Now place the chicken mince in the center of 1 piece.
- Wet edges with the egg with the help of a brush
- Now place another piece on top of the chicken mixture.
- And seal both edges then press it slightly with another small round cutter.
- Then place it on the baking tray and brush it with the egg over the patties.
- Now Bake it at 250 c for 30 minutes or until nice golden color
- Now ready to hot serve with sauce, ketchup, and tea...
Have you any doubts about this blog kindly let me know