Garam Masala | Garam Masala Recipe | How to Make Basic Garam Masala with step by step photos
Garam Masala is a blend of ground spices used extensively in Indian/Pakistani cuisines. The spices for garam masala are usually toasted to bring out more flavor and aroma, and then ground. The word masala simply means "spices," and garam means "hot." Thus the term garam masala literally translates to "hot spices." However, garam masala doesn't necessarily constitute a particularly spicy blend.
If you have tried this Garam Masala Powder then don’t forget to rate the recipe. You can also follow me on social media to see what’s latest in my kitchen!
Like Our Videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
In a pan combine all whole spices, dry roast them for 3 minutes over low-medium flame
Now in the grinder jar put all dry roasted whole spices
Basic garam masala is a blend of ground spices used extensively in Indian/Pakistani cuisines...
- 4 tbsp, cumin seeds
- 3 tbsp, black peppercorn
- 7, black cardamom
- 6-7, cloves
- 2, green cardamom
- 2, cinnamon sticks
- In a pan put all whole spices black peppercorn, cumin seeds, black and green cardamom, cumin seeds, and cloves
- Dry roast them all together for 2-3 minutes
- So that its moisture could be removed
- Take them out
- Now transfer to the grinder jar
- Grind them until a fine powder
- Take them out from the grinding jar
- Now basic garam masala is ready to use in recipes
- You can store it in an airtight bottle for up to 1 month
- Note: according to your need can be increased whole spices in the double quantity