- To prepare zarda rice conveniently use sella rice rather than basmati rice
- At the time of serving garnish zerda with small-sized gulab jamun and chum chum sweets along with khoya and dry fruits
- Can be eaten for 3-4 days by keeping it in the refrigerator...
- if you are using sella rice then you have to cook the rice completely 100% otherwise your rice will become hard after putting in sugar syrup
- If you want to make orange or yellow zarda at the time of boiling add a pinch of food color
If you have tried this Zarda Rice Recipe don’t forget to rate the recipe. You can also follow me on social media to see what’s latest in my kitchen!
Like Our Videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on YouTube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
In a saucepan pour 3 cups water, and green cardamom with sugar bring it to a boil, and Keep on stirring on medium heat until the sugar is dissolved and the syrup becomes a bit thick, Remove from the heat. Coarsely chop the ashrafian set aside.
Prepare homemade khoya according to my recipe I have given a link to the list below, If easily available in your area can be used as a store-bought khoya.
Heat the ghee put cloves and cardamom let them crackle, and pour the sugar syrup into the ghee
Then add rice to the sugar syrup and stir to mix well alongside putting Ashrafi to the rice and further stirring to combine well
Towards the end add kewra essence, coconut powder, and remaining khoya and dry fruits over rice, and allow to simmer it for 10-15 minutes on low flame
- 3 cups, of sella basmati soaked for at least 3 hours in hot water
- 150g, instant khoya
- 50g, almonds
- 50g, pistachio
- 50g, coconut powder
- 4-5 drops, of kewra essence
- 1 cup, Ashrafi/tote fruity
- 4-5 pinches, green color
- 4-5 pinches, red color
- 5 pods, green cardamom
- 2, cloves
- ½ cup, ghee/basmati ghee
- 2 pinches, saffron optional
- 250g, sugar or to taste
- 2 pods, green cardamom
- 3 cups, of water
- In a large capacity, pot pour 1 liter of water and green cardamom with 2 pinches of saffron
- Bring it to a boil and then put soaked and drained rice into the boiling water and stir well
- Let it cook till turns soft drain them out through a colander and keep them aside
- Heat the ghee in the large separate pot right after putting cloves and green cardamom
- Let them crackle then reduce the heat to low-medium and pour the prepared sugar syrup into the ghee
- Add boiled rice and stir to mix well keep flame to low
- Keep stirring by adding other ingredients ashrafian,1/2 khoya, and half pistachio along with almonds
- Now put green and red food colors, kewra essence, coconut powder, remaining khoya, almonds, and pistachio
- Allow to simmer for about 15 minutes on low flame
- Zerda Rice is ready to serve hot