Beef Kidney | Gurda Masala a tasty and simple preparation which will make cooking the beef/mutton kidney as simple as a breeze, today I am going to share with all Special Gurda Dil Masala (kidney curry) in Pakistan at eid event usually liver-kidney mixed are cooked at home after Sunnat e Ibrahim (sacrifice) it is known as a traditional recipe most popular and spiced tasty masala recipe but here I am preparing only Dil Gurda mixed masala curry because the problem with liver (kaliji) can’t overcook they become so hard and kidney and heart will take time for both to soften
Note: if you are cooking in the pressure cooker that will take hardly 15 minutes to cook, it is a tasty and yummy recipe that can be served with naan, chapatis and bagara rice, bread loaf and tandoori roti
Main ingredients are:
Kidney,yogurt, onion, and black pepper and cardamom spice mixed is added in a masala that makes it spicy and delicious, I am using beef kidneys and heart you can use mutton or lamb, So let's begin with step by step photos.....
Preparing of gurda masala:
Clean and cut the kidneys into cube then rinse under the running water, take all ingredients and prepare all veggies
Fry them until changes color, add ginger garlic paste and stir to mix well
Add Spice to the kidney masala, stir to mix well, Now add yogurt, keep on stirring over the low-medium flame for 5 minutes...
Add ground spice to the gurda masala, keep on stirring until release the oil on top of it
Pour hot and boiled water
Stir to combine well, bring gurda masala to boil
Now transfer to the serving plate
Ready To serve with chapatis and naan,bagara rice
Beef Kidney or the Gurda Masala a tasty and simple preparation that will make cooking the beef/mutton kidney as simple as a breeze...
- ½ kg,kidney, and heart mixed
- 1 1/2 tbsp, ginger garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp, black peppercorn
- 3, black cardamom
- 1 tsp, red chili powder
- 1/3 tsp, turmeric powder
- ½ cup, homemade yogurt beaten
- 1 large, onion
- 1/2 cup, cooking oil
- 1 tbsp, coriander optional for garnishing
- 2-3 green chilies optional for garnishing
- Heat the oil in the pot/pressure cooker
- Put the onion slices then sauté it for 3-4 minutes over medium heat, add gurda and fry them until changes its color
- Add ginger-garlic paste
- Stir them well over the low-medium flame for 2 minutes so that smell could remove
- Now add spices red chili powder, turmeric and salt
- Fry them together for a minute over medium-low heat
- Then add beaten yogurt stir it well
- Now add black pepper and cardamom powder
- Stir it well till oil separates
- Then add 1-2 cups boil and hot water mix it
- Bring it to boil
- Then close the lid of pressure cooker
- Cook it around 15 minutes after whistling
- After 15 minutes remove the lid and
- Once cooked the kidneys then add coriander leaves and green chilies
- Allow to simmer it for 5 minutes over a very low flame
- Gurda Dil Masala is ready to serve with the rice, naan, and chapatis....
- Now transfer to the serving plate
- Ready To serve with chapatis and naan,bagara rice etc...
*Not be duplicated, rewritten or published without permission- Thank you!