If you have tried this Dal Kachori then don’t forget to rate the recipe. You can also follow me on social media
Like Our Videos? Then follow and subscribe to us on YouTube for the latest Recipe Video updates.
In a pan/pot add lentils along with spices bring them to a boil and cover them until they are soft
Note: There should be no remaining water in the dal if you see water remaining in it then dry it on high flame first. now let it cool down
Divide the dough into equal portions, make smooth balls, and flatten them between your palms.
Dal kachori is one of the most popular snacks, which can be prepared at home using some available ingredients if you want to indulge in something healthy yet delicious!
- 250g, all-purpose flour maida
- 6, whole red chilies
- ½ tsp, black pepper
- 1 tsp, ginger coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp, garlic coarsely chopped
- 3 pinches, carom seeds
- 1 tbsp, ghee
- Oil as required for frying
- Salt to taste
- In a pan/pot add 50 ml water, dal chana, ginger, garlic, whole red chili, salt, cumin seeds, and black pepper bring it to a boil and cover it until soft
- There should be no remaining water in the dal if you see water remains in it then dry it on high flame first.
- Now let it cool down
- Choperize them in a chopper machine till turn into the fine dal mixture
- Shift the ground dal to the bowl and keep it aside.
- Take a large-sized bowl and combine maida, ghee, salt, and ajwain mix them well until a crumble texture
- Start kneading the dough by adding water little by little
- Knead to the smooth and super soft dough for around 10-15 minutes, you can see the softness of the dough in the below photo
- Cover it with cling wrap, and set aside for resting for around 15 minutes
- Take the dough out punch it again for 5 minutes, and apply oil entire the kachori dough
- Cut the dough into halves
- Divide the dough into equal portions, make smooth balls, and flatten them between your palms.
- Cover the dough portions with a kitchen towel to prevent dryness
- Before you start filling place the karahi with oil on the stove over a low-medium flame.
- Take one flattened ball at a time then roll it 1.5 inches in the round shape.
- Place 1 portion of dal stuffing in the center
- Gather the edges and pinch them into the center seal it tightly and flatten by pressing very gently.
- Press the kachori gently with an oily hand
- Repeat the same process with other dough balls.
- In the hot oil put kachori turn the flame down to low -medium and press it with a scoop.
- Fry each side till turns to a nice golden brown color on both sides
- Now drain them out from the oil
- Your crispy kachori now is ready to serve with raita, achar, and al0o chana tarkari