Homemade Puff Pastry | Puff Pastry Dough | How to Make Puff Pastry Dough with step-by-step photos
This PERFECT homemade Quick and Easy Puff Pastry is beautifully flaky and buttery. Delicious puff pastry made from unipuff/masterpuff that tastes infinitely better than frozen, store-bought puff pastry and it only takes 60 minutes of your time? Almost too good to be true!
Leave those frozen sheets on the store shelf! This is the best tasting, easiest homemade puff pastry recipe ever! Comes together in just 15 minutes. and can be made several items with this puff pastry dough whose recipes will tell ahead
Puff pastry kind of thing that just makes things feel like a special occasion. All those light, flaky layers, and that rich buttery flavor!
But it’s definitely not the kind of thing you’d make yourself. I mean, puff pastry is just an ingredient you buy from the grocery store freezer section. Right?
Wrong! What if I told you you can make homemade, all-butter puff pastry sheets from puff pastry margarine, in your own kitchen? And that it only takes 5 ingredients and prepare in just within an hour
It’s true! This is the most delicious puff pastry you’ll ever taste, and it is SO EASY to make. You’ll never buy frozen sheets again!
Usually, people made puff pastry with butter and which is why this process becomes too long and difficult while puff pastry that I made is the easiest way to make no need of folding much time or spend the day only this making it…
Making puff pastry with masterpuff is so easy you can buy it any store or online too though I have shared homemade unipff recipes on my blog even then I will recommend buying unipuff from the store as the result that is more amazing than homemade unipuff
And homemade unipuff is ideal for cake, biscuits, and bread, all these items make awesome with homemade unipuff
WHAT IS PUFF PASTRY?
Originating from France, classic puff pastry is made using a dough called détrempe (pronounced day-trahmp, a basic dough made with flour, water, and butter) to which you add more butter, roll it out, fold it, turn it, roll it out, fold it, turn it and on and on till you have made several such turns. This process is called “turning the dough” or “laminating the dough” and the idea is to distribute the butter evenly in layers throughout the dough (laminating the dough layers, with butter layers
WHAT CAN MAKE WITH THIS PASTRY RECIPE?
You can use this rough puff pastry for any recipe that calls for puff pastry! From sausage rolls to pies, to tarts, to desserts! Anything you can think of that calls for puff pastry.
WHAT IS THE CLASSIC VERSION OF PUFF PASTRY?
Classic puff pastry takes several hours to make with lengthy resting steps in the middle, but this Quick and Easy puff pastry, Takes just 45 to 60 minutes hardly
For the best result follow my detailed step by step photo instructions and tips
WHY SHOULD MAKE THIS RECIPE AT HOME?
It’s cheaper to make your own puff pastry at home.
Tastes better. Seriously, it’s not even close. I cannot stress this enough.
Since it’s puff pastry, it’s much faster than making classic puff pastry.
Take a look at that lamination in the photo right at the top of the post, if you don’t believe me. Doesn’t that look beautiful? Perfect homemade quick and easy rough puff pastry achieved in 60 minutes
HOW TO STORE THIS PUFF PASTRY?
Make sure the dough is wrapped tightly with plastic wrap. Even two layers to make sure it’s not in contact with air so that it doesn’t dry out. You can wrap this again in foil, or put it in an air-tight container as well.
This puff pastry dough can be frozen too, for up to 2-3 months. After using the dough, the remaining scraps could maybe re-rolled once. However, if you knead or handle it too much, the lamination layers will be lost.
- The most important thing always keeps in mind is that dough should be not soft or hard but smooth and stretchable
- If your dough is soft and margarine hard and when the roll out the dough then butter may come out and if your dough is hard butter could not spread evenly in the dough and your puff pastry won’t make good
- A perfect puff pastry depends on good kneading and then rolling the more you will roll out thin get the help of making layers
- Only two folding are given to make this puff pastry for half an hour, don’t put it in the fridge while the dough is resting leave it on just kitchen counter
- After rising the dough must be the weight of the dough as we required half quantity of unipuff in the dough
For more Similar Recipes:
The first step is to make the basic dough. this is easy and only requires all-purpose flour, sugar, salt, oil, and little water
Stir to mix all ingredients with flour and start kneading the dough little by little with water, Once the dough comes together
Transfer onto the working surface
And further kneading with the help of a hand palm
Transfer the dough into the bowl
And cover it with a damp cloth, leave it to set aside for a half-hour
Give a square and flat shape to the unipuff
The first folding:
The dough is ready to fill with unipuff
Before the filling margarine in the dough, weigh the dough
Dust the flour on the working area, Spread the dough with the help of fingers or a rolling pin, and Place the unipuff in the middle of the rolled dough
And cover the margarine with dough
Make sure margarine is covered well on all four sides
Tap the dough with the rolling pin to evenly spread margarine all over the dough
And with a light hand start rolling in a rectangular shape
Doesn’t pressure over the dough as layers can disturb? Roll out the dough as thin as possible
The more you roll the thin dough the much you can get the best result
Start folding the rolled dough like a-squared paratha
Next. Overlaps the folded dough to each other
Lastly, fold from up and downwards then overlap
Once the folds have been completed
Tightly wrap the dough in cling plastic this helps to prevent drying out
And leave it aside for half an hour, Don’t refrigerate it at all
Unwrap the dough
And dust the working area with flour then place the dough
And rollout it thin as you can, Then repeat the same process roll and fold again
Second folding is done
Wrap it again in cling wrap, And further, leave it to rest for 30 minutes
After 30 minutes unwrap the dough
Puff pastry dough is ready to use in just an hour
You can store it by wrapping it with cling plastic for up to 2-3 months
You can see the result of this puff pastry dough how is flaky and crispy made puff pastry biscuits
This PERFECT homemade Quick and Easy Puff Pastry is beautifully flaky and buttery. Delicious puff pastry made from unipuff/masterpuff...
- 500g, all-purpose flour
- 380g, unipuff/masterpuff
- 1 tbsp, sugar
- 1 tsp, salt
- 4 tbsp, oil
- ½ cup, of water at room temperature
How to make Puff Pastry Dough
- The first step is to make the basic dough. this is easy and only requires all-purpose flour, sugar, salt, oil, and little water
- Stir to mix all ingredients with flour and start kneading the dough little by little with water
- Once the dough comes together
- Transfer onto the working surface
- And further kneading with the help of the hand palm, don’t add water just requires dough tight, stretchable, and smooth
- Transfer the dough into the bowl
- And cover it with a damp cloth
- Leave it to set aside for a half-hour
- Give a square and flat shape to the unipuff
- The dough is ready to fill with unipuff
- Dust the flour on the working area
- Spread the dough with the help of fingers or a rolling pin
- Place the unipuff in the middle of the rolled dough
- And cover the margarine with dough
- Make sure margarine is covered well on all four sides
- Tap the dough with the rolling pin to evenly spread margarine all over the dough
- And with a light hand start rolling in a rectangular shape
- Doesn’t pressure over the dough as layers can disturb?
- Roll out the dough as thin as possible
- The more you roll the thin dough the much you can get the best result
- Start folding the rolled dough like a-squared paratha
- Next. Overlaps the folded dough to each other
- Lastly, fold from up and downwards then overlap
- Once the folds have been completed
- Tightly wrap the dough in cling plastic this helps to prevent drying out
- And leave it aside for half an hour
- Don’t refrigerate it at all
- To rest the gluten in the dough. It will be much easier to roll out the dough the more you rest it at this stage.
- Unwrap the dough dust the working area with flour then place the dough
- And rollout it thin as you can
- Then repeat the same process as before
- Second folding is done
- Wrap it again in cling wrap
- And further, leave it to rest for 30 minutes
- After 30 minutes unwrap the dough and cut it as per your requirements
- Personally prefer to cut the dough in half and wrap each portion separately
- Puff pastry dough is ready to use in just an hour
- You can store it by wrapping it with cling plastic for up to 2-3 months