Garam masala is a very specific traditional spice blend which, although you will find different versions, should taste nothing like a curry. This is because the spice flavors in garam masala complement Pakistani recipes. make the best homemade garam masala you've ever tasted, in just a few minutes. Elevate your Pakistani cooking to a whole new level.
I remembered very well I prepared aloo gosht
That was amazing in taste I had been thinking for a couple of days what can the reason be this superb taste more than my last aloo gosht curry, then suddenly I realized just homemade garam masala was added in the recipe the rest of are same spices
Since that day I started preparing homemade spices, which are much better than store-bought, you try once at home you would feel the difference so let's begin
If you have tried this Garam Masala recipe then don’t forget to rate the recipe. You can also follow me on social media to see what’s latest in my kitchen!
Like Our Videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
Garam masala is a very specific traditional spice blend which, although you will find different versions
- 1 tbsp, white cumin seeds
- ½ tbsp, black peppercorn
- 3 pods, black cardamom
- 1 ½ tsp, coriander seeds
- 8 pcs, cloves
- 2 long, cinnamon stick
- 8 pods, green cardamom
- 2 small, bay leaves
- ½ piece, nutmeg
- 2 flowers, mace
- ½ flower, star anise
- Bash the nutmeg in a plastic bag with a rolling pin to break it into several smaller pieces
- Remove the seeds from the Cardamom pods - again, a gentle bash with a rolling pin will suffice, or use a pestle and mortar.it is optional if needed
- But I prefer not to need to remove pods' skin
- Place all the spices in a dry frying pan or skillet and heat over very low heat, stirring constantly.
- As soon as the aroma from the spices is released, remove the pan from the heat. (This step is essential to release the aromatic oils from the spices)
- Working with only a small quantity at a time,
- Put the spices in an electric blender or grinder
- And grind them to a fine powder.
- Take it out from the grinder jar and transfer it to the bowl/plate
- Garam masala is ready to use in the recipe
- It can be stored in a bottle and paste the label with the spice name