Suji ka halwa || semolina dessert || How to make suji ka halwa with step by step photos and tips
Suji ka halwa is a traditional, delicious, and easy Pakistani dessert, that has a look like typically halwa texture. They can be made with all kinds of ingredients (even ones normally associated with savory foods) ranging from lentils
This recipe for sooji ka halwa ("made with semolina") is a popular version with many families because it is one of those simple but very satisfying desserts that hits the sweet spot every time.
This almonds and raisins rich soft and savory sooji halwa prepared without milk is a welcome treat for taste buds at any time and can give tough competition to the best of the best sweets on the table. However, its mellow and aromatic sweet taste is not the only thing that makes it best, the ease of preparation can help you entertain your guests at short notice
There are many methods to prepare halwa according to taste buds, this halwa is served with the most popular food street puri chana…personally, I don’t like suji halwa but I’d like to share with my all sweet readers so Follow the below-given step by step photo recipe to make it at home.
Variations of Suji Ka Halwa:
- Always make this halwa recipe in ghee. It can never be good with oil.
- You can use grated jaggery instead of sugar to make this halwa. It will be healthier and richer in taste.
- You can also use milk in place of water for a richer version.
- Add pineapple juice and pineapple chunks to this halwa to make Pineapple Sooji Halwa.
- Try adding strawberry puree or mango puree for a fruity version.
- Add a pinch of saffron for a richer taste if available
Prepare sugar syrup with one cup sugar and one cup of water. Heat both of them together till you get a one-string sugar syrup.
In a separate pan add ghee heat it then adds cinnamon and cardamom let it crackle, add semolina and stir to mix it, and keep on stirring
Until semolina turns a bit darker or golden brown.
Now add the sugar syrup, half dry fruits, and the rest of half reserve for garnishing and
Cook it on low-medium flame for 5 minutes
Suji ka halwa (semolina dessert) is a traditional, delicious, and an easy Pakistani dessert, that has a look like typically halwa texture.
- 250g, semolina
- 200g, sugar or to taste
- 500ml, water
- 1 tbsp, coconut (thin long slices)
- 1 tbsp, Raisin
- 1 tbsp, almond coarsely chopped
- 2 pieces, green cardamom
- ½ piece, cinnamon stick
- 3 drops, kewra essence
- 2 pinch, orange food color
- 150g,desi ghee/ghee
How to make the suji halwa?
- Prepare sugar syrup with one cup sugar and one cup of water. Heat both of them together till you get a one-string sugar syrup.
- Remove from the stove and add raisin and food color in the sugar syrup set aside.
- In a separate pan add ghee heat it then adds cinnamon and cardamom let it crackle
- Add semolina and stir to mix it and keep on stirring until semolina turns a bit darker or golden brown.
- Note: you cannot leave the semolina unattended otherwise it can stick or burn up easily from the base
- Now add the sugar syrup, half dry fruits, and the rest of half reserve for garnishing and cook it on low-medium flame for 5 minutes
- Once the water dries up and the semolina puffs a little bit cover the pan now add kewra essence mix it simmers for 2 minutes
- Transfer to the serving plate/dish garnish with remaining dry fruits and serve hot...
*Not be duplicated, rewritten or published without permission- Thank you!