Suji ka halwa || Semolina dessert || How to make suji ka halwa with step-by-step photos and video
Suji ka halwa is a traditional, delicious, and easy Pakistani dessert, that looks like the typical halwa texture. They can be made with all kinds of ingredients (even ones normally associated with savory foods) ranging from lentils
This recipe for sooji ka halwa ("made with semolina") is a popular version with many families because it is one of those simple but very satisfying desserts that hits the sweet spot every time.
This almonds and raisins rich soft and savory sooji halwa prepared without milk is a welcome treat for taste buds at any time and can give tough competition to the best of the best sweets on the table. However, its mellow and aromatic sweet taste is not the only thing that makes it best, the ease of preparation can help you entertain your guests at short notice
My Latest Suji Halwa Recipe:
There are many methods to prepare halwa according to taste buds, this halwa is served with the most popular food street puri chana…personally, I don’t like suji halwa but I’d like to share it with all my sweet readers so Follow the below-given step-by-step photo recipe to make it at home.
Variations of Suji Ka Halwa:
- Always make this halwa recipe in ghee. It can never be good with oil.
- You can use grated jaggery instead of sugar to make this halwa. It will be healthier and richer in taste.
- You can also use milk in place of water for a richer version.
- Add pineapple juice and pineapple chunks to this halwa to make Pineapple Sooji Halwa.
- Try adding strawberry puree or mango puree for a fruity version.
- Add a pinch of saffron for a richer taste if available
Prepare sugar syrup with one cup of sugar and one cup of water. Heat both of them together till you get a one-string sugar syrup.
If you have tried this Suji Halwa then don’t forget to rate the recipe. You can also follow me on social media
Like Our Videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
In a separate pan add ghee heat it then adds cinnamon and cardamom let it crackle, add semolina, and stir to mix it and keep on stirring
Until the semolina turns a bit darker or golden brown.
Now add the sugar syrup, half the dry fruits, and the rest half reserved for garnishing and
Cook it on low-medium flame for 5 minutes
Suji ka halwa (semolina dessert) is a traditional, delicious, and easy Pakistani dessert, that looks like a typical halwa texture.
- 250g, semolina
- 200g, sugar or to taste
- 500ml, water
- 1 tbsp, coconut (thin long slices)
- 1 tbsp, Raisin
- 1 tbsp, almond coarsely chopped
- 2 pieces, of green cardamom
- ½ piece, cinnamon stick
- 3 drops, kewra essence
- 2 pinch, orange food color
- 150g, desi ghee/ghee
How to make the Suji Halwa?
- Prepare sugar syrup with one cup of sugar and one cup of water. Heat both of them together till you get a one-string sugar syrup.
- Remove from the stove and add raisins and food color in the sugar syrup set aside.
- In a separate pan add ghee heat it then adds cinnamon and cardamom and let it crackle
- Add semolina and stir to mix it and keep on stirring until semolina turns a bit darker or golden brown.
- Note: you cannot leave the semolina unattended otherwise it can stick or burn up easily from the base
- Now add the sugar syrup, half the dry fruits, and the rest half reserved for garnishing and cook it on low-medium flame for 5 minutes
- Once the water dries up and the semolina puffs a little bit cover the pan now add kewra essence mix it and simmer for 2 minutes
- Transfer to the serving plate/dish garnish with remaining dry fruits and serve hot...
*Not be duplicated, rewritten or published without permission- Thank you!
Have you any doubts about this blog kindly let me know