Suji ka halwa || semolina dessert || How to make suji ka halwa with step by step photos, tips, and video
- Always make this halwa recipe in ghee. It can never be good with oil.
- You can use grated jaggery instead of sugar to make this halwa. It will be healthier and richer in taste.
- You can also use milk in place of water for a richer version.
- Add pineapple juice and pineapple chunks to this halwa to make Pineapple Sooji Halwa.
- Try adding strawberry puree or mango puree for a fruity version.
- Add a pinch of saffron for a richer taste if available
If you have tried this Suji Halwa then don’t forget to rate the recipe. You can also follow me on social media
Like Our Videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
Until semolina turns a bit darker or golden brown.
Now add the sugar syrup, half dry fruits, and the rest of half reserve for garnishing and
- 250g, semolina
- 200g, sugar or to taste
- 500ml, water
- 1 tbsp, coconut (thin long slices)
- 1 tbsp, Raisin
- 1 tbsp, almond coarsely chopped
- 2 pieces, green cardamom
- ½ piece, cinnamon stick
- 3 drops, kewra essence
- 2 pinch, orange food color
- 150g,desi ghee/ghee
- Prepare sugar syrup with one cup of sugar and one cup of water. Heat both of them together till you get a one-string sugar syrup.
- Remove from the stove and add raisins and food color in the sugar syrup set aside.
- In a separate pan add ghee heat it then adds cinnamon and cardamom let it crackle
- Add semolina and stir to mix it and keep on stirring until semolina turns a bit darker or golden brown.
- Note: you cannot leave the semolina unattended otherwise it can stick or burn up easily from the base
- Now add the sugar syrup, half dry fruits, and the rest of half reserve for garnishing and cook it on low-medium flame for 5 minutes
- Once the water dries up and the semolina puffs a little bit cover the pan now add kewra essence mix it simmers for 2 minutes
- Transfer to the serving plate/dish garnish with remaining dry fruits and serve hot...