Tawa Fish | Pan-Fried Fish || How to make Tawa Fish recipe with step-by-step photos
Tawa Fish is a delicious, flavored shallow-fried seafood meal that is prepared with a few basic spices and herbs and then cooked on a flat pan/skillet. an easy recipe goes well with naan, chapattis, and chutney
It is a delight of the rainy/winter season and is served at every eating place. Now you can prepare this amazing recipe at home.
Mainly to make Tawa Fish you require fish fillets, but here I made Tawa fish with small-size of mushka fish, which I like more than other fish, this small fish is full of flavor and juicy white large/giant fish becomes so dry and tasteless after cooking, so I always prefer to buy this delicious small fish to cook
To prepare Tawa fish marinade fish with ginger garlic paste and gram masala then separately fish batter is prepared by mixing spices, gram flour, egg, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, and coriander leaves to give it an ultimate spicy, tangy, and strong taste. Tawa Fish recipe is usually made by roadside vendors and highway restaurants in the open air
For the best result follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips
- Fish: either use fish fillet or small fish but buy always fresh fish, avoid buying stale fish, as it contains a stinky and bad taste
- Skillet/pan: using a non-stick pan/skillet will make your fish cooking easy while an iron or another type of utensil may your fish stick from the bottom
- Fish rinse: the most important part of fish cooking is to rinse them thoroughly until the smell goes away. to it simply apply some flour over the fish and leave it to for 10 minutes then wash carefully under the running water as fish meat is so delicate and easily can shred also you can check out my easy fried fish which I had shown the method of fish rinsing
- Marination: marinade the fish and resting is the key to delicious and juicy fish, though marination time is not so long even then marination fish with rest is an essential part to make Tawa fish or any type of fish
- Frying fish: Maintaining the heat of the stove is also so important since Tawa fish is cooked on a flat pan with a little oil by covering it so that all spices that are applied to the fish are cooked properly on all sides so don’t turn the flame high, the best heat is moderately flame to cook Tawa fish
- Spices: I used all basic powder spices with lemon and herb except carom as these seeds make me acidic in my stomach so I have to skip but you can add them in making batter this spice helps to digest the food
For more Delicious Fish Recipes:
If you have tried this Pan-Fried Fish Recipe then don’t forget to rate the recipe. You can also follow me on social media to see what’s latest in my kitchen!
Like Our Videos? Then do follow
to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
To begin this recipe firstly wash the fish thoroughly as per my instruction, Ginger garlic paste and herbs preservation method can get on this link kitchen hacks
Take a tray/plate to put rinsed fish in it. Apply ginger garlic, white vinegar, and gram masala over the fish and rub gently the fish with spices all over the sides and slits
Leave it aside for 20 minutes
Meanwhile, prepare the gram flour batter. to it take a mixing bowl. Squeeze the fresh lemon juice in it then adds gram flour, rice flour, and cornflour. ginger garlic paste
Next, whisk the egg and pour it into the mixing bowl along with red chili powder, Kashmiri red chili powder, crushed coriander powder
Towards the end add crushed black pepper, turmeric powder, salt, chopped coriander leaves, and food color.
Give it to good stir till everything is incorporated
Now take another opened tray/plate and coat each marinated fish with prepared batter
And keeps in the fridge for half an hour for marination
Heat the oil on the flat pan/skillet and place the marinated fish on the pan and put the lid on. And cook each side of the fish on moderately low flame for 5-7 minutes
Remove the lid and flip the side and cook another side by covering
Once they turn a nice golden brown color on both sides, take them out from the pan
Transfer to the serving dish