Pound Cake Recipe || Vanilla Cake Recipe || How to make Vanilla Cake with step by step photos and Video
Vanilla Pound Cake is the traditional classic, sweet, super soft tea cake recipe, that is made with a few basic ingredients but in taste is so good. Cakes can be intimidating to bake but pound cakes and loaf cakes are much easier and quicker, and this pound cake is a close second favorite to our all-time favorite Chocolate Cake Slices.
I always recommend adding buttermilk to the cake batter because this brings softness and a light rather dense texture. that I don’t like to eat if you don’t prefer using buttermilk in cake batter then can be used room temperature milk. making a perfect cake depends on an accurate measurement. for which you must use kitchen scale instead of cups measurement
Here I wrote by using kitchen scale measurement so I will suggest use it to perfect cake result like my recipe. trust me after following my recipe you won’t want to buy pound cake from the bakery. so soft and sweet cake
I am not praising myself but once you will try it out then will get my point. You’ll love making this pound cake recipe on the weekends because it’s great for brunch or to serve with coffee when you’re having friends and family over. You could also make this by replacing the vanilla extract with orange extract and a dusting of powdered sugar and a teaspoon of orange zest on top.
For the best result follow my detailed step by step photo, video, and instructions tips below
Here I will tell my experience regarding making a soft cake. that I learned from my mistakes initially
SOME TIPS FOR MAKING THE PERFECT POUND CAKE:
- To make a soft and perfect cake all ingredients that go in the cake should be at room temperature.
- Bring your ingredients to room temperature. When mixing the butter and sugar together, wait until they look light and fluffy, about 3 minutes, to make sure enough air has been incorporated. This is a critical part of this pound cake recipe, so be patient here.
- The egg makes the cake soft and spongy so if you are vegetarian or vegan or have an allergy so you can replace it with yogurt but I'll highly recommend using condensed milk instead of yogurt along with using baking powder and 1/4 baking soda
- If you prefer using yogurt then ½ tsp use white vinegar along with baking soda and baking powder. these ingredients help to raise the cake properly and it will remain soft and spongy
- Don’t remove the pound cake from the loaf pan immediately. You want to let the cake cool about halfway, at least 10 minutes, before flipping it out of the pan and letting it come to room temperature.
- Use butter and flour to grease your pan, not cooking spray, which may prevent the cake from fully rising.
- Don’t use an electric beater for mixing dry ingredients with batter since the batter has a lot of air bubbles that help to raise the cake, over mixing can remove bubbles and your cake turn dense and hard
- Maintaining accurate oven temperature is the most important key to making soft and light pound cake. if you'll keep the high temperature to bake the cake turns to burn and remain uncooked from the inside. if you will keep the temperature low to bake the cake it turns soggy and dense. because 180 C is the best temperature to bake the cake
- Use a toothpick to check the doneness of your cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is ready. If it starts browning around the edges, it is over-baked and your cake will lose a lot of moistness.
- Using much quantity of baking powder will make your cake shred and taste spoiled
- I won’t recommend using Pot to bake cake as my result is not as good as should be, but if you are used to baking cake in a pot then keep one thing in mind pot should be the wide and thick base so that pot could properly be preheated from all sides
How to Store Vanilla Pound Cake:
Serve: Once cooled, remove pound cake from the loaf pan, slice and serve with any of your favorite toppings or ice cream.
Store: Pound cake will keep at room temperature and tightly sealed for 3-4 days. I don’t usually recommend putting the cake in the refrigerator, but pound cake won’t go stale as quickly due to the density of the cake.
You Might Like This:
If you have tried this Vanilla Pound Cake then don’t forget to rate the recipe. You can also follow me on social media to see what’s latest in my kitchen!
Like Our Videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease the pan with butter 8×4 inch loaf pan.
Sift the flour and add baking powder yellow food color and salt stir to combine well set it aside
Crack the eggs one by one into the small bowl and then transfer them to the mixing bowl. start beating the egg at low speed for a few seconds then add sugar
Now increase the speed gradually, Beat until the egg mixture turns creamy and fluffy, Once turns to light and fluffy batter pour milk and oil and then start beating once again on low speed, Next add vanilla essence and mix slowly with a hand beater
Add dry ingredients little by little, and fold the maida with slowly hand otherwise batter may go sit. likewise, finish the maida by putting it into the batter, Batter consistency should be thick, and the pouring state
Once cooled cut into slices
You can see in the picture and video how makes it fluffy and soft
Ingredients For Dry ingredients:
- 250g, all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp, baking powder
- 1/2 tsp, yellow food color
- 1/8 tsp, salt
- 5 nos, eggs
- 175g, granulated sugar
- 125 ml, of milk
- 125 ml, of oil
- 1/3 tsp, vanilla essence
How to Make Vanilla Pound Cake?
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease the pan with butter an 8×4 inch loaf pan.
Preparing dry ingredients: sift the flour and add baking powder yellow food color and salt stir to combine well set it aside
Prepare Egg Batter: crack the eggs one by one into the small bowl and then transfer them to the mixing bowl
Preparing Cake Batter: start beating the egg at low speed for a few seconds then add sugar now increase the speed gradually, Beat until the egg mixture turns creamy and fluffy, Once turns to light and fluffy batter pour milk and oil and then start beating once again on low speed, Next add vanilla essence and mix slowly with hand beater
Folding the Dry ingredients: add dry ingredients little by little, and fold the maida with slowly hand otherwise batter may go sit. likewise, finish the maida by putting it into the batter, Batter consistency should be thick, and the pouring state
Baking Cake: Transfer the cake batter into the loaf pan and tap it down to remove excess air, bake the cake in preheated oven at 180 Celsius for 40-45 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean
Once now pound cake is baked leave it for 10 minutes next Scrape the edges carefully and take the cake out from the loaf pan and let it cool down completely on a wire rack
*Not be duplicated, rewritten, or published without permission- Thank you