Crispy Hash Browns|Hash Browns || How to make Cheesy Hash Browns at home with step-by-step photos and video
Hash Browns are a perfect yummy relish for breakfast or a snack, these homemade hash browns are even delicious at brunch or served as a side with dinner, paprika chili powder or red chili powder and black pepper give these hash browns their spicy kick
Spicy Hash Browns are an easy appetizer or a perfect addition to your weekend brunch, crispy hash brown potatoes are just nearly impossible to resist and these Spicy Hash Browns are a super easy addition to your game day plans or the perfect side for breakfast, lunch, or dinner
My family absolutely loves hash browns, but I have to admit, standing at the stove frying hash browns is not my favorite. I love baked spicy hash browns because they have those perfect crispy edges and are just loaded with flavor.
It is super easy to make hash brown potatoes using your cheese grater. The secret to keeping the hash browns crispy is to squeeze as much liquid from the grated potatoes as possible. Don’t skip this step or you will have mush.
My Latest Video Hash Browns:
Hash Browns variations:
- You can fry these hash browns individually or the whole batch at once in a skillet. Baking them in mini muffin tins is easier and makes the perfect appetizer bites,
- If you aren’t into spicy hash browns, you can skip the red chili powder or substitute diced onion.
If you have tried these Hash Browns recipes then don’t forget to rate the recipe. You can also follow me on social media to see what’s latest in my kitchen!
Like Our Videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
But here I also have to fry hash browns instead of baking due to electricity problems which are we facing at the time due to maintenance anyhow
This is the reason in these circumstances I was to fry hash browns by putting off the intention of baking. Hash browns are prepared with grated potatoes which are soaked in chilled water for a few minutes then squeezed into the muslin cloth and sauté with a tablespoon of butter mix spices, herbs, and cheese with the sauté potatoes and then give them to hash brown shapes
At the end fry with olive oil or in butter as a choice
Tips for making crispy not too soggy:
- Properly grate or shred the potatoes
- Rinse and soak the grated/shredded potatoes in chilled water, this helps to avoid the awkwardly raw center between crispy outer layers.
- To make crispy hash browns squeeze the potatoes very well and then sauté them so that all moisture could be removed from the potato
- Remember, like all starches, potatoes need a decent amount of seasoning. Use a full teaspoon of salt and spice
- Cast iron is second best, but the non-stick allows for nice even browning without fear of tearing.
- Not to touch while hash browns are frying At least for a little bit.
- Cook undisturbed the potatoes, let them get brown and crispy, then flip in sections
- For making it much cheesy in taste can be added more cheese
Take all ingredients and prepare them all
Put the grated potatoes into chilled water and rinse them for 2-3 minutes
Shift to the muslin cloth and squeeze them very well
Make sure first they have been squeezed well and a single drop of water isn’t left in it, transfer to another mixing bowl
Melt the butter in a frying pan or pan and put all squeezed grated/shredded potatoes in the pan
And sauté them with butter for 10 minutes on medium flame, constantly keep mixing to prevent burns from base
Transfer all sauté potatoes to another mixing bowl
Now add spices to the sauteed potatoes
Then add cheese and parsley
Stir to mix well with a spatula first then use your fingers, and keep mixing until everything is incorporated, at this stage, you can adjust the salt and spices
Now give them to hash browns shape and place on tray/plate, repeat the same process with all remaining potato dough, now you can store them in the fridge
Heat the oil in the frying pan and place 3-4 hash browns
Let them fry on medium heat from both sides_Fry each side for around 5-8 minutes until crisp crust with nice golden brown in color
Transfer to the kitchen pepper napkin for removing excess oil
Hash browns are ready
Spicy Hash Browns are the perfect yummy relish for breakfast or a snack, these homemade hash browns are even delicious at brunch or served as a side with dinner
- 300g, red potatoes grated
- 100g, cheese mozzarella/chattered
- 1 tsp, parsley
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp, butter/margarine
- 1 ½ tsp, red chili powder
- 1 cup, of cheddar cheese grated
- 1 tsp, black peppercorn
- 1 tbsp, rice flour
- 1 tbsp, cornflour
- 25 ml, olive oil/butter
How to make the Hash Brown?
- Melt the butter in a frying pan or pan and put all squeezed grated potatoes in the pan and saute them with butter for 10 minutes on medium flame
- Constantly keep mixing to prevent burns from base
- Transfer all sauteed potatoes to another mixing bowl
- Now add rice flour, cornflour, red chili powder, black peppercorn powder, salt, parsley, and grated cheese
- Stir to mix well with a spatula first then use your fingers
- Keep mixing until everything is incorporated
- At this stage, you can adjust the salt and spices
- Now give them to hash browns shape and place them on a tray/plate
- Repeat the same process with all remaining potato dough
- Now you can store them in the fridge
- Heat the oil in the frying pan and place 3-4 hash browns
- Let them fry on medium heat from both sides
- Fry each side for around 5-8 minutes until crisp crust with nice golden brown color
- Transfer to the kitchen pepper napkin for removing excess oil
- Hash browns are ready to serve with ketchup and hot tea or coffee
*Not be duplicated, rewritten or published without permission- Thank you!
Have you any doubts about this blog kindly let me know