Chicken Steam Roast || Steam Chicken Recipe || How to Make Chicken Roast with step-by-step recipe
Steam Chicken Roast is a unique, nutritious, and delicious relish dish popular in Pakistan. The main highlight of the Steam Roast Chicken recipe is the marination batter that includes yogurt, red chili, salt, garlic, black pepper, black cardamom, green chili paste, and lemon juice then is smoked with charcoal
Steam roasted chicken is one of the most healthy recipes, especially for those who cannot have oily foods and have any health issues doctors prevent using oily foods, don't need to worry they can have it without taking any stress just because it's healthy and safe, additionally, it's an ideal recipe even those who are on a diet and they have weight issue as well, this recipe is prepared with only 2 tbsp olive oil and a few spices
It’s my own family recipe I have told you before that in my family very few spices are used in the cooking trust me they have a too good taste after preparing the dish, Here I am gonna variation it using charcoal smoked in the steam roasted chicken, so let’s begin...
If you have tried these Chicken Steam Roast then don’t forget to rate the recipe. You can also follow me on social media to see what’s latest in my kitchen!
Like Our Videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
Firstly wash the chicken very well under the running water and make 4 slits on each chicken piece with a sharp knife
In a large-sized mixing bowl put chicken pieces along with all ingredients, Note: you can even add cream along with yogurt to give more softness to the chicken, mix them very well
And now gives it to charcoal smoke, Keep a small steel/aluminum bowl in the middle of the chicken mixture place coal in a bowl and drop some ghee/butter on the coal _cover the lid tightly for 10 minutes or until the smoke is finished_Now remove charcoal from the chicken bowl and keep in the fridge for about 4 hours.
Place a steamer on the stove to add 200ml water or you can adjust the water according to the capacity of your steamer, let bring it to a boil on a high flame
Meanwhile, one foil sheet is cut into 2 pieces, and wrap the chicken piece with the foil sheet properly
Repeat the same process with all remaining chicken pieces then place in the steamer and cover it for around 30-40 minutes
Afterward, remove from the foil and transfer to the serving tray
Now ready to serve with green sauce and raita at dinner/lunch
Chicken Steam Roast is one of the most healthy and relishes recipes, it is a unique, nutritious, and delicious dish popular all over Pakistan
- I kg, chicken cut into 4 pieces you can use leg pieces as well
- 2 tbsp, ginger paste freshly ground
- 1 tbsp, garlic paste freshly ground
- 1 tbsp, green chili paste freshly ground
- 1 ½ tbsp, black peppercorn
- 3, big black cardamom only seeds
- 2 tbsp, lemon juice
- 1 tsp, red chili powder
- 100g, homemade yogurt
- 2 tbsp, olive oil
- ½ tbsp, ghee/butter for putting on heated coal
- 1 small, charcoal
- As required silver foil sheet
- Salt to taste
How to Make Chicken Steam Roast?
- Firstly wash the chicken very well under the running water and make 4 cuts on each chicken piece with a sharp knife
- Place the charcoal on gas for heating well
- Take black peppercorn and black cardamom seeds and grind them together until fine powder keep aside
- In a large bowl put chicken pieces, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, red chili powder, salt, green chili paste, yogurt, grinding black spices, and 2 tbsp olive oil
- Note: you can add cream as well along with yogurt to give more softness to chicken
- Mix them very well and now gives them to charcoal smoke
- Keep a small steel/aluminum bowl in the middle of the chicken mixture place coal in a bowl and drop some ghee/butter on the coal
- Cover the lid tightly for 10 minutes or until the smoke is finished
- Remove charcoal from the chicken bowl and keep it in the fridge for about 4 hours.
- Place a steamer on the stove to add 200ml water or you can adjust the water according to the capacity of your steamer
- Let bring to a boil on a high flame
- Meanwhile, one foil sheet is cut into 2 pieces, and wrap the chicken pieces with the foil sheet properly
- Place in the steamer and cover it for around 30-40 minutes
- Repeat the same process with all remaining chicken pieces
- Afterward, remove from the foil and transfer to the serving tray
- Now ready to serve with green sauce and raita at dinner/lunch
*Not be duplicated, rewritten, or published without permission- Thank you!
Have you any doubts about this blog kindly let me know